Clear Creek

Over the Labor Day Weekend our family went to Clear Creek and camped. This is truly a beautiful place. It was so nice to get out of the heat and be one with nature. Our first night there, right before bed we heard in the distance the roar of a bear, needless to say mom was a little nervous, however I did not show this emotion until after the kids were tucked into there tents and Ed and I where in ours. The next morning we were joined by Grandpa and Uncle Gary for our hike down the canyon. Now, this is NO ordinary hike, this is hiking down a steep slope of the canyon to get to the bottom. Once there you are greeted by extraordinary views that are hard to explain and only pictures can do this place justice. We spent most of the day hiking around the canyon and playing in the water. (Believe me when I say there was plenty of water), plus a few slips on rocks and my lovely slip on a log. Our hike up to the top was even harder then coming down and the kids made it look like it was a walk in the park for them. Ed and I however were sucking wind. Talk about a cardio work out!!! We finished our camping trip with smores and great talks as a family. We will definitely be back.

6 comments:

Brandy said...

Hey there! I was just going through some blogs in our ward and found you guys! Love all the pictures and great blog! It is so fun to read up on what everyone is doing! Our family blog is heritagecupboard.blogspot.com
C-ya Sunday!

Grandmother said...

Kelly, I love the blogs. It helps me keep up with your family. I'd love to see some photos of your parents in Canada and your sister, Melissa, her husband, and Jordan.
Barbara

Smith Family said...

Hey Cunninghams....don't ya think it's time to update??? (I know..I should update ours as well!)
Just popping in to say hi from Germany.
Traci Smith

Denise said...

Hi there Ed and Kelly! What a great blog...I just found it when I was snooping around on someone elses! Have a great week!

Tiffany said...

Hey Kel! I just realized that this is from, "like, a year ago!!" Hello! Don't you have your priorities straight? Blogging FIRST...b/f your kids or husband and esp b/f anything to do with your nursing program...hello!

Meghan said...

Hey I just now noticed that you have a blog! But more importantly quit acting like you are in nursing school or something and update your blog!!! :)